If you’re looking for tasty, healthy, and easy baby puree recipes, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we share a recipe with pumpkin, carrots, and beetroot.
Age: 8 months+
- 1/3 Pumpkin
- 2-3 Carrots
- 2 Beets
Step 1 – Cut the pumpkin into two equal sections. Remove the seeds in the lower part.
Step 2 – Preheat your oven to 176 C. Place the two equal parts of your pumpkin on a baking tray.
Step 4 – Bake for at least one hour. Then, scoop out any soft pulp from their skin.
Step 5 – Peel the carrots, chop off the top and cook for 10-20 minutes.
Step 6 – Clean the beets and cook them for 20-30 minutes. Let them cool down and peel off their skin.
Step 7 – Add all the ingredients together and mix them into a smooth puree, using a blender or hand mixer.
When can a baby eat pumpkin?
Many individuals keep asking when a baby can eat pumpkin. This diet can be introduced to a baby with a minimum of 4-6 months as a solid diet. It is therefore advisable to consult a medical practitioner first in case your baby has food allergies. This diet acts as a value addition to your child’s solid food.
We recommend that you consult with your baby’s pediatrician on introducing solid foods as generalities may not apply to your infant.
Preparation of a Pumpkin
Squash is normally processed through steaming, oven- heating, and baking. This is an essential tip to keep the nutrients intact as well as to retain the taste of the vegetable. Below are key steps to consider when preparing pumpkin for your baby.
– Peel the pumpkin and cut it into small sections.
– Preheat the oven at least 350F. Then, grease your squash with a little amount of vegetable oil.
– Put the pumpkin on a baking tray. Then, roast it for at least thirty minutes.
– Serve it when cold to your baby.
– Cut the pumpkin into many and small cubes.
– Pour an inch of purified water into your cooking pot. Place a steamer inside the cooking pot with the small cubes of pumpkin.
– Steam your pumpkin for at least seven minutes and at most ten minutes. Always steam with a medium flame. Check if they are ready by poking them with a fork.
– Serve your squash as finger food. You should always let it cool before serving to your baby.
Are these baby food recipes freezable?
You should store your batch of pumpkin baby meals in a refrigerator using an airtight container for up to 72 hours.
You can freeze this baby food into different portions by employing pouring the mixture into ice cubes or in small food storage containers.